WELCOME TO UPSTATE SC AND NORTHEAST GEORGIA'S #1 STATION FOR TODAY'S R&B AND OLD SCHOOL.......FOR YOUR ADVERTISING NEEDS BECOME A BUSINESS PARTNER TODAY!

Elite Glass and Mirror
My Econ Web Banner
Anderson Chamber

Listen live

If the Player does not start after 5 seconds click here to download the plugin.

ARTICLE

Tracy Morgan Still Wheelchair Bound and Struggling Nearly Four Months After Car Accident
POSTED BY WLAS October 3rd, 2014 0 COMMENTS

Tracy-Morgan

Tracy Morgan’s fight with Walmart is just one battle he’s waging right now. The other? To regain his health and, hopefully, resume his entertainment career.

Nearly four months after a six-car accident left him in critical condition in the ICU, Morgan was spotted being taken to a doctor appointment in Manhattan. The 45-year-old was in a wheelchair on Wednesday as he was transported into Mount Sinai hospital. The affable funnyman looked less than thrilled to have cameras on him and issued a terse “no comment” when asked how he was doing.

Morgan’s attorney Benedict Morelli told the New York Post’s Page Six that the Saturday Night Live alum continues to undergo rigorous rehabilitation following the June 7 crash. That includes daily speech, cognitive, vocational, and physical therapies.

Morelli told the Star-Ledger that Morgan, who broke his leg, nose and several ribs, is “making incremental progress,” but he relies on a wheelchair and they’ll “have to wait another month before they assess him cognitively.”

According to this lawyer, at this point it’s unclear whether Morgan — who was returning home from a standup show in Delaware when a Walmart tractor-trailer driver crashed into his limobus on the New Jersey Turnpike, killing the star’s mentor, James “Jimmy Mack” McNair — will ever perform again. “The jury’s still out,” Morelli told the Post. “The doctors don’t know the answer. I don’t know the answer.”

Morgan and two of his fellow passengers, who were also critically injured, filed a federal lawsuit against Walmart in July, accusing the megastore company of negligence. The retailer employed the truck driver, Kevin Roper, who was going 20 miles over the speed limit. Earlier this week, Walmart filed a response to Morgan’s lawsuit and alleged that Morgan and his group wouldn’t have suffered such severe injuries had they been wearing seat belts. That prompted Morgan to react publicly.

“After I heard what Walmart said in court I felt I had to speak out,” the 30 Rock alum said in a statement. “I can’t believe Walmart is blaming me for an accident that they caused. My friends and I were doing nothing wrong. I want to thank my fans for sticking with me during this difficult time. I love you all. I’m fighting hard every day to get back.”

Morelli, who’s representing Morgan and his fellow passengers Jeffrey Millea and Ardie Fuqua, in the lawsuit, also lashed out about Walmart’s claim.

“These people are despicable,” he told the New York Post. “They knew that they changed these people’s lives forever and killed somebody. They’re good blame shifters. I guess that’s how they make $783 billion a year, shifting the blame.”

As for Roper, who’s accused of not sleeping for a “period in excess of 24 hours” before the crash, he pleaded not guilty to vehicular homicide and assault by auto in a Middlesex County court in June. His next court date has not yet been announced.

Leave a Reply

Click to tour ship

Cococay Cozumel Cruise

Recommend us


Business of the Week

Business Name (required)

Address

Telephone (required)

Website

Contact Person (required)

business partners

Kia of Anderson
A and D Auto Sales
S and M Auto Parts
A-1 Auto Sales
Marine Corps
Heat trophy
Dr Anthony Mathis
Welborn Tire Pros